Can Bearded Dragons Eat Basil?

Basil is a plant with green leaves and purple flowers. It is also known for its medicinal properties, which include antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.

In addition, the herb is often used in cooking. If you have basil in your kitchen and use it often, you may wonder if it is safe for bearded dragons to eat?

Can Bearded Dragons Eat Basil?

A bearded dragon can eat basil, but it should be eaten in moderation. Basil contains various vitamins and minerals that are good for a dragon’s diet. However, too much of the plant may cause diarrhea or gas buildup in the stomach.

Most bearded dragons will not enjoy the taste of basil. If you want them to eat the herb, try mixing it with other foods that they already enjoy eating.

Chameleon Moving x
Is It Safe For Bearded Dragons To Eat Basil?

Basil doesn’t contain toxins so it’s safe for beardie to eat. However, since this isn’t one of their main diets, basil should only be fed to them in small amounts.

Too much of it could cause them stomach aches and other digestive issues.

Is It Healthy For Bearded Dragons To Eat Basil?

Basil is a popular herb to feed bearded dragons, but the herb can be dangerous for your dragon’s health. It is important to know how to feed basil to your bearded dragon properly and safely. This article will teach you how to do that. Feeding basil is a very important part of the care process for your bearded dragon. Basil is a good source of calcium, vitamin C, and essential oils. It also helps improve digestion and promotes healthy skin and eyes, which are all important for your beardie’s overall health.

Can Baby Bearded Dragons Eat Basil?

Baby bearded dragons can eat basil, but in small amounts and not too often.

At this age, baby beardie’s diet should consist of 80% of food that is rich in protein. These include crickets, grasshoppers, and other insects. The other 20% should be made of vegetables and fruits.

When feeding them basil, chop the herb finely or into small pieces. If your baby beardie doesn’t eat the basil, try mixing it with other foods that they enjoy eating.

How To Feed Basil To Bearded Dragons

Basil is a great herb for bearded dragons. It has many benefits for the health of the reptile, and it can also be used as a treat for them.

When feeding basil to your beardie, you have two options. You can either feed them fresh or dried basil.

For fresh basil, while the leaves are small enough for them, you should still cut them into smaller pieces. This will prevent the herb from getting lodged in their throat. You can either feed them just the basil leaves or mix them with other foods.

For dried basil, it will likely be crushed already. All you need to do is sprinkle some of the herbs onto their foods. This will give them an extra boost in nutrition.

How Often Can Bearded Dragons Eat Basil?

Bearded dragons can eat basil once every day, but it is not recommended to feed them with too much basil frequently because it may cause stomach issues.

Bearded dragons require a diet consisting of 80% leafy greens such as basil and other herbs, supplemented with insects which makes up 20%.

Other Herbs That Bearded Dragons Can Eat

Lavender- Lavender is often used in aromatherapy and has calming effects on the body. It’s also great for your beardie’s health. Just make sure to feed lavender to your beardie in moderation to prevent any health issues.

Cilantro- Cilantro is an herb that bearded dragons can eat and they can gain a lot from it as well. Cilantro contains high levels of antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and K. Feed cilantro to your beardie in moderation as too much of it can cause digestive issues.

Thyme- The use of thyme in the bearded dragon diet is not something that is common. However, it has been found that thyme can be used to combat the bacteria and parasites that are often found on these lizards due to their anti-bacterial properties.

Conclusion

Bearded dragons can eat basil as long as it is not too much. Too much basil can make them sick, so it is best to feed them with a small amount of basil every day or every other day.

Bearded dragons can eat basil, but it should not be their only food source. They should also have a varied diet of insects and plants that would provide the nutrients they need to survive.